Monday, June 12, 2017

WHY INDONESIANS SELDOM CHOOSE PERTH FOR A HOLIDAY ...

By Ross B. Taylor





The release last week of international visitor arrivals into Perth looked a good news story: Up 9% for the year ended March 2017.

But take a closer look at the number of people coming to WA as tourists (excluding family, student and business visits) and the numbers from Indonesia really are awful. Just compare the number of holidaymakers arriving into Perth in this 12 month period:

  • Malaysia: 71,488
  • Singapore: 62,700
  • Indonesia: 12,500

Our local hotel industry is desperate for more visitors and meanwhile Indonesia has a growing middle-class, approaching 100 million people and air travel for tourism is booming. So why such bad numbers?

1. Visas

Obtaining a visa to visit Australia is finally becoming easier thanks to a lot of work by our embassy in Jakarta and the WA Trade Office. For too long Indonesians have had to queue or complete up to 16 pages of information in order to apply for a visa, whilst their 'mates' in Malaysia and Singapore could apply online. Also, a family of four from Bali (for example) still must pay a non-refundable application fee of $520.00 just to try and get a visa for Australia. It's too expensive.

2. Airlines:

KL in Malaysia and Singapore have numerous flights into and from Perth each day with various airlines, whilst only Garuda Indonesia connects Perth and Jakarta; and that is not even a daily flight. BatikAir commence flights between our two countries this month and they will be a great addition to the travel industry in WA.

3. TourismWA

TourismWA have, I believe, not really developed a clear strategy for Indonesia in the past, preferring to focus on other countries. Like many business people here in Australia, they 'forgot' about the sleeping giant just a few hours to our north.

With TourismWA coming under the control of the Department of State development (DSD) in the near future - as part of the state government's re-structuring of its departments - let's hope we see some positive leadership in getting more Indonesians to visit us.


Perth and our state has much to offer international tourists, including from Indonesia. We just need to articulate what a great experience awaits our neighbors when they get here.

Ross B. Taylor AM is the president of the Indonesia Institute (Inc) that is based in Perth. Ross can be followed on Twitter:

@indorosstaylor

7 comments:

  1. INDOKARTU
    7 Permainan dengan 1 User ID..
    Tak Perlu Ribet..Tak Perlu Ragu...
    Proses Cepat dan Aman..
    Menang Berapapun Dibayar!!
    Nikmati Juga Bonus Setiap Hari..Langsung Dapat!!

    Ikuti Festival Poker 2019 Bersama IndoKartu
    BONUS Deposit sampai 25%!!

    Segera Bergabung Dengan Kami :
    BBM : indkartu
    WhatsApp : +6281333366766
    Facebook : @indokartu
    Line : indokartu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sering Kalah Bermain Poker atau Permainan Lain?? Butuh Konsultasi Seputar Poker atau Permainan Lain Agar Menang Terus??
    Dapatkan Trik dan Tips Jitu dari Donaco Poker...
    Cukup Daftar menjadi Member saja..!!
    Pendaftaran Gratis!!
    Dapatkan Info Freechip Terbaru Dari Donaco Poker..

    Kini Donaco Poker Sudah bisa deposit via OVO...Lebih Mudah dan Lebih Cepat...

    Dapatkan Juga
    - Bonus Deposit 15% New Member Weekend.
    - Bonus Deposit 10% Next Deposit Weekend.
    - BONUS DEPOSIT HARIAN 5%
    - BONUS ROLLINGAN MINGGUAN 0.5%
    - BONUS KEJUTAN LAINNYA

    Hubungi Kami Secepatnya Di :
    YM : Cs.Donacopoker
    BBM : DC31E2B0
    LINE : Donaco.poker
    WHATSAPP : +6281333555662
    WECHAT : Donacopoker

    ReplyDelete
  3. agen slot online menang terus

    https://taruhanslot.net/agen-judi-slot-mudah-menang/

    Link Official Bolavita : http://159.89.197.59/
    Telegram : +62812-2222-995
    Wechat : Bolavita
    WA : +62812-2222-995
    Line : cs_bolavita

    ReplyDelete
  4. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
    ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
    also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com ). Tell your 
    loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;
    atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE READ!!!

    Hello Guys!! I am Caro I live in Ohio USA I'm 32 years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from Adriano. My blank ATM card can withdraw $4,000 daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have withdrawn about $10,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met Adriano because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now Adriano sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to Adriano because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news Adriano’s email address is adrianohackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Guy's!! I lost my job due to Covid-19 and life has been a living hell for me since I didn't have money to take care of 2 kids. One morning I was browsing on the internet and I saw many comments of how Mr. Adriano has been helping people through the blank ATM card and changed many life's so I decided to give it a go and that's how my life changed for good. Get your blank atm card now and become the best money maker in the world through the ATM machine anywhere in the world without trace or risk of being caught and invest in businesses with financial freedom. I got mine delivered yesterday by DHL and I have used the card to withdraw $10,000 today for free. Get it now by contacting Mr. Adriano through his email address: adrianohackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete